Thursday, October 18, 2012

Glass House Ch26 Pic Tease

Next chapter will post tomorrow. It's the last one. I love you guys so fucking much!!!!



I looked back out the window, the momentary light, happy feeling passing as quickly as it began.

Esme noticed; she noticed everything.

“You know, he’s in a better place, right? All of the suffering, the pain he was in trying to get better; it’s over now. He’s at peace, Bella.”

“It’s just so unfair,” I croaked, “it was too soon; he was too young; he’s supposed to be here.”

Everything in my life was falling into place, everything was on the mend...until it wasn’t.

“You know if you want to talk, I’m here. Anytime. I’m just down the hall.”

“I know.” I nodded, reaching up and squeezing her hand, offering her a small smile even though what I really wanted to do was curl into a ball and cry about all of the things that I―that we―had been cheated out of.

2 comments: