Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Glass House Ch23 Teaser

*not beta'd*



The weekend passed quickly, and dragged at the same time. I called Edward a couple of times, but each time his phone went straight to voice mail. I tried to push down the feelings of unease growing in my chest, that maybe he’d spoken too soon and he wasn't okay with what happened between Royce and I after all.

By Wednesday I was a wreck. No communication from him at all. No texts, no calls, nothing. What other explanation could there be for his absence other than he’d changed his mind?

“Have you tried calling anyone to check on him?” Esme asked as I twisted my fingers nervously.

“I don’t have a lot of options,” I confessed. “His father ran out on him and his mom when he was a kid. His mom...she died a few years ago, and since he’s left the band I can’t imagine he’s still talking to any of them, not after everything that happened.”

“What about your Dad?”

“I called him, but he can't make it up there until this weekend. I even called Emmett last night, but he didn't answer. Not that I blame him, I wasn't the most pleasant person the last time we spoke.”

“So are you going to wait for your dad to check on him?”


I shook my head vehemently. “I can’t wait that long.”

No comments:

Post a Comment