Sunday, July 7, 2013

Glycerine Chapter 22 teaser

Not beta'd. I've been drunk while writing most of this chapter. Obviously, it needs Ooza. Don't judge me. This chapter is hard.


“Mr. Cullen,” the reporter asked. “What was your favorite or most memorable part of filming?”

Bella’s fingers tensed around her wine glass as she waited for him to answer. His face was relaxed and a smirk tugged at the side of his mouth. He laced his fingers around his knee and cleared his throat before speaking.

“Well, they’re actually the same. My favorite and most memorable part of filming was on location in Arizona.”

Bella’s throat bobbed as murmurs echoed around the room. “Why Arizona?”

Edward shrugged and gave the reporter a lazy grin. “There was a lot of privacy in Arizona. I was able to act like a normal person without being harassed or having cameras shoved in my face. I remember the first day we were given a day off. I went to these falls I’d found when I arrived. I spent the entire day there completely undisturbed.” His eyes flicked to the camera and for a moment Bella felt as though he was looking directly at her. It was as if he could see her face as clearly as she could see his. He turned his attention back to the reporter and with a serious expression he said, “It was one of the best days of my life. I loved every moment I was there.”

Voices rose in the back of the crowd until one finally overpowered the others. “How can you say that was the best part of filming?” someone jeered. “Esme wasn’t even there.”

With a bored expression, Edward looked blankly toward the back of the room. When he answered his voice was dull, flat. “Exactly.”

5 comments: