Monday, December 17, 2012

Glycerine Chapter 5 teaser



NOT BETA'D

Edward’s agitation grew with each passing second. He knew what she was doing and he was going to put a stop to it, now. The moment the last of his measurements were taken he straightened his back and cleared his throat. Turning his attention to the interns he smiled, it was over-the-top and insincere. 

“I hope you two gained some valuable experience today working with Ms. Swan. But I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you two to get the fuck out.” Bella gasped and Tanya and Kate jumped in surprise as they gaped at him, frozen with shock. He hesitated for a moment before speaking again, his voice full of authority. “Now.”

The interns scampered toward the door, barely remembering to collect their purses before fleeing. Bella snatched up her pad and moved to follow them, but Edward was on her in three quick strides. He reached around her and slammed the door shut, his breath tickling the hair on her neck as he leaned into her and twisted the lock.

“Oh no,” he chuckled, the sound low and dark. “Not you, Ms Swan. You and me, we have some unfinished business to attend to.” He spun her around and pushed her against the door, his stance dominating as he caged her body with his.

“I think we covered just about everything earlier when you called me a whore.” Bella’s voice was harsh, her anger rising again as she remembered how his words had made her feel. And worse that he was completely justified to think that way about her.

“You’re playing a very dangerous game, Ivy. One that you won’t win. I hope you realize that.”

“You’re so fucking full of yourself. You think everything is about you. That whatever I do is somehow connected to stroking that inflated ego of yours. Well let me tell you something Mr. Cullen, your ego will be the last thing I’m thinking about stroking tonight.”

4 comments:

  1. Come on, Bella, you have to have scissors somewhere! Cut his balls off! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that he made her feel like a whore. Damn, he needs to be brought down a peg or two. I can't wait for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HE CALLED HER A WHORE??? OH GOD I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE UPDATE, I SO WANT TO SEE HOW AND WHY HE CALLED HER THAT!!!!!!!

    HER KNEE MUST CONNECT HARD TO HIS "INFLATED EGO" AT THIS POINT
    AND THEN THEY CAN TALK ABOUT STROKING SOMETHING...ANYTHING....LOL

    ReplyDelete